Monday, May 10, 2010

Science Book Challenge 2010

At the risk of overextending myself on another challenge, I have decided to sign up for the Science Book Challenge 2010 being hosted for the third year by scienticity.net.  However, I don't think it's a big deal because 1) it's only 3 books, 2) it lasts all year, and 3) I already started reading one of the books.

Here are my choices for this challenge:
The Triumph of Evolution...And the Failure of CreationismHow It Ends: From You to the UniverseWhat's Eating You?: People and Parasites
1. The Triumph of Evolution and the Failure of Creationism by Niles Eldredge
2. How It Ends: From You to the Universe by Chris Empey
3. What's Eating You?: People and Parasites by Eugene Kaplan

I love to read non-fiction books like science books (since that is what I do, after all) but I find that they very easily crowd out the fiction books if I'm not careful.  When I was younger I gravitated more towards fiction -- I think in part because reading non-fiction felt too much like schoolwork.  But now I seem to crave them!

2 comments:

  1. There is another book about parasites by Carl Zimmer. I think it may just be called Parasites? One of my friends read it and was fascinated, so if you like the one you chose, maybe you'll also like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I think I know the one you are talking about. I think it's called Parasite Rex. I will have to look for it and read it too. For some reason I am fascinated by parasites, but in a queasy, car-wreck kind of way. =)

    ReplyDelete